Community / Social Housing Community / Social Housing

Community housing is a form of social housing assistance delivered by community organisations and local governments to eligible individuals and families. The Queensland Government funds community housing providers under the Housing Act 2003. The Longreach Regional Council manages a number of Community houses in the Longreach Region, based in Ilfracombe, Isisford & Yaraka. For further information or to discuss eligibility for housing, contact Council in the relevant town.

Please contact the Isisford Branch on 07 4658 8900 otherwise 07 4658 4111.

For more general information/applications visit The Department of Housing and Public Works