Permits & Licenses Permits & Licenses

Longreach Regional Council is committed to maintaining the health of our environment and our quality of life. Each day our environmental health officer plans, coordinates and implements strategies to minimise adverse environmental and health impacts within our region, protecting residents, businesses and visitors.

The role of the Environmental Health Officer (EHO) is to provide a professional service that will maximise environmental and public health within a community environment by preventing and remedying health and environmental related hazards and risks.

The projects our Environmental Health Officer works on include monitoring and responding to air, noise and water pollution and pest species outbreaks, risk and emergency management, delivering quality public health services and auditing local businesses to identify health and environmental impacts, particularly the following:-

Food – cafes and restaurants, food trucks, market stalls, footpath dining, food safety training;

Pollution – air, noise and water pollution;

Health – asbestos, mosquitoes, rats and mice;

Personal Appearance – beauty, hairdressing, tattooing, body piercing and nail salons;

Tourism – camping and caravan parks;

Leisure – events, venues, busking and filming;

Waste – illegal dumping and littering;

Other business – advertising signs, home based business activities and roadside (itinerant) vending.

For further information, you may contact Council’s Environmental Health Officer on (07) 4658 4111.