The Community and Youth Development Officer (CYDO) is committed to the delivery, planning, development of high quality, well presented community services that meets the quality expectations of young people and the community as a whole.
Community and Youth Development Officer is committed to working with community groups and organisations, by providing assistance with grant applications, attracting funding and by promoting all funding availability through out the community.
- Liaise and work with community groups and organisations to attract funding and / or providing support where appropriate.
- Maintain funding levels, provide assistance with grant applications, and promote what funding is available throughout the community.
Information, Advice and Referral
Provide general information, advice and referral in relation specific services available to young people, their families, the public, and/or specific groups;
- Provide young people in the community with relevant information on current recreational activities and facilities;
- To build links with other youth services and work with them to develop networks inclusive educational system; and
- Coordinate distribution of youth related information flyers and brochures using up to-date technology.
Support Service (case management)
- Undertaking comprehensive needs and strengths assessment with young people
- Developing support plans with young people which aim to strengthen the structures around them and develop their own capacities
- Co-ordinating and participating in integrated responses to young people
- Participating in inter-agency case review meetings as required
- Working with other agencies to improve local service delivery
Events and Programs:
The CYDO delivers and supports a variety of activities which focus on personal, cultural and social development of young people. Major annual events and programs include:
- National Youth Week
- GenWest Workshops and Youth Festival
- NAIDOC Week
- Longreach Regional Council School Holiday Programs
- Life Skills Programs
Office hours: 8.00am - 5.00pm (Mon-Fri)
PO Box 144 Ilfracombe QLD 4727
Phone: (07) 4658 4123
Mobile: 0427 580 460