Complaint Management System
Our Customer Service Charter
Council is committed to managing customer feedback and ensuring all complaints are dealt with in a fair, prompt and confidential manner. If you have a complaint about the Longreach Regional Council, we would like to hear about it. We always want to do things better, if we can.
Administrative Action Complaints
Council has in place a formal "administrative action complaints process”, which provides customers with the opportunity to request a review of administrative decisions made by Council officers or Council where there are no other formal appeal provisions available under legislation or within Council. An administrative action may include a decision, or a failure to make a decision, a failure to provide a written statement of reasons for a decision, an act, a failure to do an act, the formulation of a proposal or intention, or the making of a recommendation.
This complaints process is not about raising a "request for service", these should be made directly to Council’s customer service team.
Administrative matters relate to the actions or decisions made by council administration, but do not include:
- Requests for information
- Requests for service (where you want Council to take action in relation to a service or product provided by Council eg, barking dog, leaking water pipe, pot hole, road maintenance, etc)
- Suggestions, enquiries or petitions
- Comments submitted during formal consultation or negotiation processes
- Councillor conduct
Section 268(2) of the Local Government Act 2009 defines an ‘administrative action complaint’ as a complaint that:
(a) Is about an administrative action of a local government, including the following, for example –
- A decision, or a failure to make a decision, including a failure to provide a written statement of reasons for a decision;
- An act, or failure to do an act;
- The formulation of a proposal or intention;
- The making of a recommendation; and
(b) Is made by an affected person.
To read more about Council's Administrative Action Complaints Process download our Administrative Action Complaints fact sheet (PDF)